Bands are not only about guitars and rock. Staying fit while touring is also priority “número uno”. Now, this might prove difficult given that we spend so much time on the road. The times that we get for even thinking of getting fit are most likely reduced.
Opportunities for staying fit on the road
But then, if you are inventive enough, you can take advantage of circumstances and places. For example, you can stop at a city’s park for a quick run. Some places even provide some bars for people to work out.
But staying fit is not only about working out, most of it has to do with what we eat. As a matter of fact, what you eat largely determines how well fit you get. So, it would be a good idea to cut down on the fast food restaurants and try healthier options.
If you are riding on a bus, the chances to make a little exercise are there. Let’s get down to tips on how to stay fit during a tour.
As we have expressed before, staying fit and being on tour are not mutually excluding. Follow these simple tips to help you stay fit while on the road.
- Pack yourself. Among the clothes and the guitars, add some simple exercise gadgets in your luggage. If your space is limited, you can still bring in little things such as a jump rope, a resistance band, maybe. If you are feeling more devoted, pack a foam roller and some dumbells.
- Pack sneakers. If you are planning on running in parks or trails, these are a must. It is a good thing that you get to use them in every concert.
- Walk around the city. Unless you are super famous and risk fans all over you, take a walk around the cities you visit. Make some tourism to meet the city and its people. This is a great workout and you get the plus of doing some tourism. Alternatively, you can also ride a bike if the trip allows you to carry one.
- Drink healthy. Avoid anything alcoholic, in the measure of the possible, or anything caffeinated. The best option, you guessed correctly, is water. Hydrate yourself all the time. If you get bored of water, try soda water with a lemon twist.
- Eat healthy. As expressed before, this one is huge. If you visit every restaurant in every town, try to avoid anything known to contain great amounts of fat. Stay away from sugar. Or at least eat it in small amounts.
- Visit the hotel´s gym. Most hotels you might be staying in have a gym. They are not the best at it but at least you will be able to engage in a rather simple routine. We are not pushing it too far here anyway.
- Be creative. While on the bus, you can use some PVC pipe to model as a foam roller. You could find some bars to do pull-ups. There surely are other options you could try to make some workout while touring.
Are you interested in staying fit not only during the tour but also as a way of life? Fresh Fitness will help you achieve your fitness goals more effectively. We are sure you will find what you need there.